Saturday, October 8, 2016

C86 Mother Earth Collection Happy Birthday Card

C86 Mother Nature Collection Card by Bev Code


Today I am thrilled to share my Fab Scraps Card using the C86 Mother Earth Collection. I love the fun bold colours and great print design.  My Grand Daughter will get this for her 13th birthday. OMG they grow up so quick. 

FOR THIS CARD YOU WILL NEED:
Paper: C86 Mother Earth Collection, 007 Berrylicious, 002 Botanical Bulb
Chipboard: CD86 015
Markers: copic
Sketch: Feeling Sketchy
Other: cardstock, mini 8 punch, twine, flower, alpha label

INSTRUCTIONS:

STEP #1: When creating cards with or without a sketch I like to grab the paper collection and pull at least 3-5 papers that coordinate leaving my options open as I go along. If there are matching accents I pull them too or have paper options that allow punching or making accents too.

STEP #2: For this card I started again with a single sheet background to make mounting to the full card base later easier.  On this one I started with the full striped sheet matted with cardstock. I used the mini 8 punch to create the circular punched background and it was matted so the punched edge would pop with colour.

STEP #3: Next I cut both the tags and sentiment pennant sized to fit the central section of the punch circle. 

STEP #4: Twine was added to the tags and sentiment added to the pennant and matted.




STEP #5: Now using the chipboard accents I coloured them using copic markers. They were clustered together and a flower added to finish the extra accents.


This was very simple and easy but it's the rich elegant papers and colours that make the whole card pop.

Thanks for joining me today. 



7 comments:

Raechelle Bellus said...

this is lovely! I really like how you colored the chipboard! bl

KarinsArtScrap said...

wonderful card Bev
Gr Karin

Jacqui said...

Really like the round shape, its something different from the norm!

Meraj Zaidi said...

This is so beautiful...love those cute little tags too :)

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

So pretty! Love the design! BL

Great-Aunt Camille said...

Gorgeous!!! Bloggie Love

Donna Rudy said...

Love the tags! Another gorgeous make!