Thursday, September 1, 2016

"Wedding Day" at Sketches in Thyme


hi.. hope your having a great day. I know I am. Today at Sketches in Thyme I share the sketch below that I used to create my "Wedding Day" page. I used products from The Rubber Buggy online store.

Supply List:
The Rubber Buggy Products
Paper: Blue Fern Studio Tranquility Hush
Flowers: Wild Orchid
Leaves: Paper Mulberry

Ink: Tim Holtz ranger
Die: Memory Box Squares
Accents: Stickles, Perfect Pearls, Lace
Other: cardstock, beads, alpha AC thickers


In the close ups I'll share some of the steps to creating my page. To follow the sketch I ripped the top and bottom of the main background off... added a sliver of gold paper and added another piece of shiny paper to make up the 12 x 12 " base.


In this section I fussy cut the left side to accommodate slipping the circle and the pattern paper underneath. 


This one showcases the Memory Box die square accents that are cut from the same gold shiny cardstock... and all the layers glued together.


This is the close up for seeing the layers and the butterfly overlapped also.


Right side close up of the layers when put together.


I ended up separating the butterfly from the base paper and putting it on top of the circle layer. 


Here we see the thickers alpha title and a glimpse of the base border lace.


Notice the stickles and liquid pearls added for shine and glitter. A small floral cluster and lace are perfect accent to the photo. 


Here is the main central section and even with all the accents the matted photo is still front and centre.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to visit the Sketches in Thyme blog to view all the DT reveals as they create using the same sketch.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Very pretty page. BL