Thursday, February 11, 2016

Robin's Nest sneak peak to a Hockey page.. with a fun background

Robin's Nest has many collections of paper and some are great all dressed up and fancy but also can be used for sports pages. Today I am using Saffron Collection to create a hockey page. It was the perfect colours for my Grand Sons Hockey page. Today is my sneak peak and be sure to visit the main Robin's Nest blog for the full reveal.



I have been experimenting with mixed media on backgrounds to start with.  Using a few layers of patterned paper with a solid black mat I started the base background. I didn't have as many photos to cluster so made a background base instead.


Using my splatter technique I add 3 shades of paint to the area... black, grey and white. I then used a thin layer of modeling paste and smeared it cross corner on outer edges for more texturing look. Notice it grabbed and smeared some of the paint with it.

Now that I peaked your interest please view my full page at the Robin's Nest blog.




Thanks for popping in today.. look forward to seeing you later this month for another fabulous Robin's Nest project.

No comments: