Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Linnie Blooms and amazing Canvas Project


This month at Linnie Blooms I had a chance to create using this fabulous canvas pillow case...
and amazing new product coming to the store later in August. 
I haven't dont any stitching for years now.. but it was coming back to me .. just like riding a bike.
No even sure of the names of the stitches... but I am thrilled with my finished pillow case.
I still need to buy the proper inner cushion but substituted for now to get a finished photo.



I started this project with my tree first. I inked the trunk and stamped the leaves 
with textured stamp and green ink. I then added the twine tied buttons.
Next  up was the inked leaves and the stamped look for more depth and texture.
Stamping of the sunburst and the background was next before adding the tree, leaves and  piece of burlap.

Next I stamped the words which I hand stitched using embroidery floss from my stash.
The design was still a bit off so I sew easy inked rolled the lower and side edge with the
stitch pattern which I then hand stitched over top with a varigated coloured embroidery floss.
I didn't worry about the ink splatter.. it added depth and rustic look to my projcet.

Supply List:
Linnie Bloom Supplies:Canvas Pillow Cover, Canvas Tree, Canvas Leaves, Word Stamps
Ink Roller: We R Memory Keepers stamp ink roller
Mask: cut file
Paint: misc
Ink: Tim Holtz ranger, StazOn, ColorBox
Other: burlap, embroidery floss, twine, Stitching, buttons

Special NOTE: the word stamps and canvas pillow case will be in the store around
August 25th.. so be sure to mark your calendar for the newest product lines to become available.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Christa said...

Your creativity knows no bounds!

Ms. Rita said...

I love the creative use of your embellishments- that is a great use for the extra button that comes with new clothing.